CNC Router – Custom Fabrication
At Altare Design, we hold the position that the project comes first and the tool is chosen to fit the job – not the other way around. Sometimes a CNC router is the way to go and having one in house allows us to offer a broader range of services.
Thus far we have…
- Drawn full-sized scale patterns for artists to paint by hand.
- Created specialty moldings of all shapes and sizes.
- Produced our own specialty hardware.
- Provided parts for a guitar maker.
- Provided products for an eyewear company.
- Provided parts for an organ builder
- Supplied a furniture-maker with 48 identical plywood pieces.
- Fabricated 150 lineal feet of custom, vented baseboard for use on a gym floor.
- Roughed out blanks destined for hand carving
- Produced dozens of forms for laminations, steam-bending and vacuum forming
Given all of the above, what might be the best reason of all to give us a call? We are not dependent upon the CNC but can utilize many skills, hand tools and machines to perform a wide variety of tasks.
Because it takes more than just CNC to be completely custom shop.
A shop equipped with CNC, a laser engraver and staffed by people skilled with all manner of hand tools and machinery becomes the ultimate CAN-DO resource for customers searching for specialty items.
We can create a finely detailed carving right off the CNC or simply rough out the part and let an artisan finish off by hand.
The final step is to complete the piece with hand-rubbed stains and glazes and top-coated with a smooth protective lacquer flawlessly applied through a commercial spray gun.
Couple the CNC with our 3D design services and the possibilities are practically endless. Whether you are looking for a one-time order or a long-term supplier please consider giving us a call.